What skills do you need to be an army officer?
- leadership skills to manage and motivate soldiers.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- thinking and reasoning skills for making quick decisions.
- persistence and determination.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- concentration skills and fast reactions.
Why do you want to become a naval officer?
I want to become a Naval Officer in order to fully develop myself, actively construct my future, and admirably serve mycountry. The foremost reason I want to become a Naval Officer is in order to improve myself, both mentally and physically. An inherent trait in human nature is to strive for greatness.
What makes a great officer?
But most officers on the force are exceptional individuals with solid training and passionate about serving their communities. These individuals can be identified with their character traits and qualities such as professionalism, bravery, strong ethics, and a deep respect and knowledge of laws.
What does society expect from me as a military officer?
This brings us to the second point that society expects from me as a military officer: the ability to defend. Three of my soon to be responsibilities as an officer will be to take care of the people of my command, to be accountable, and to uphold and defend the Constitution to which I take an oath of loyalty.
What does a police do?
Police typically are responsible for maintaining public order and safety, enforcing the law, and preventing, detecting, and investigating criminal activities. These functions are known as policing. Police are often also entrusted with various licensing and regulatory activities.
What personal qualities do you need to be a police officer?
You need to have:
- effective communication skills, including tact and diplomacy for dealing with sensitive situations.
- community focus.
- a sense of personal responsibility, integrity and resilience.
- problem-solving skills.
- a confident and calm manner.
- good literacy skills in order to accurately record details and write reports.