What is the meaning of despite the fact that?
1. used for saying that something happens even though something else might have prevented it. Three more nuclear power stations were built despite widespread opposition. despite the fact that: He still loves her, despite the fact that she left him.
How do you use the word instead in a sentence?
Instead sentence example
- I will try to make friends instead of enemies.
- I always pictured myself driving a van instead of a truck.
- Instead of dining out, we ordered a couple of pizzas.
- Instead of improving, Destiny got steadily worse.
- Instead of shifting with each step, the ground felt solid.
Is nevertheless a word?
nevertheless Add to list Share. A funny-looking adverb that appears to be made up of three words squished together, nevertheless means “even so” or “all the same.”
Can you end a sentence with accordingly?
Adding “accordingly” at the end of your sentence takes care of the problem of ending a sentence with a preposition because “accordingly” is an adverb. However, I think the original problem of ambiguity still exists. (See below.) Note: 1- the recipient knows well to whom and where he should dispatch the asked items.
How do you use therefore in the middle of a sentence?
Separate independent clauses using “therefore.” You can use “therefore” in the middle of a sentence that includes 2 independent clauses, but not a sentence that contains dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence, or you can separate independent clauses using a semicolon.
What do despite mean?
1 : the feeling or attitude of despising someone or something : contempt. 2 : malice, spite. 3a : an act showing contempt or defiance. b : detriment, disadvantage I know of no government which stands to its obligations, even in its own despite, more solidly …—
What’s another word for even though?
What is another word for even though?
|having said that||in spite of that|
Will act accordingly meaning?
We often use the phrase “act accordingly,” which just means to behave in a logical manner based on what you feel, learn, or are told. If you are half-starved after being lost in the woods for three days, when you come across a house with a full kitchen, you will act accordingly.
How do you use accordingly in the middle of a sentence?
Examples of accordingly in a Sentence He knew his limitations and acted accordingly. She is considered a manager and is paid accordingly. The car is made with the best materials and is priced accordingly.