How do Moodle forums work?
The Forum activity allows students and teachers to exchange ideas by posting comments as part of a ‘thread’. Files such as images and media maybe included in forum posts. The teacher can choose to grade and/or rate forum posts and it is also possible to give students permission to rate each others’ posts.
How do you edit in Moodle?
Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “gear” icon to open the course settings.
- On the resulting drop-down list, select the Turn editing on menu option.
How do I see my student activity on Moodle?
A course activity report, showing the number of views for each activity and resource (and any related blog entries), can be viewed by managers, teachers and non-editing teachers (and any other users with the capability report/outline:view) in Administration > Course administration > Reports > Activity report.
Where are Moodle files?
Moodle stores files in the Moodle data directory. This is a location on your server defined by you when you install Moodle.
How do I edit my discussion on Moodle?
To keep the branch of posts, try editing the post instead by clicking “Edit.” Instructors and administrators have the ability to delete, edit, and split a post in a forum. Students may also delete their post, until someone else replies to it, or until the editing period concludes.
Can Moodle track your IP address?
We do not collect IP addresses for the purposes of tracking students. Moodle have produced a really helpful screencast on using logs in Moodle to support student engagement.
How do you reply to a discussion on Moodle?
Post to a Forum
- Click Add a new discussion topic (at top of page) to start a new topic (if the forum type allows). The Your new discussion topic page opens.
- If there are already discussions started, you will see a list on the Forum page.
- Click Reply to post a response inside a discussion.
How do I enable editing in Moodle?
How do I start editing my course?
- Navigate to your course homepage.
- Select the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of your Moodle site. Now you will see that more editing icons appear in the center section of your page. A link in the Navigation block is also available.
Is Moodle folder editable?
It is created when the install. php script runs or it can be created and edited manually.
How do you send files on Moodle app?
Submitting shared files on assignments
- Enter the assignment and add or edit submission.
- Add files to the submission.
- Select Share files.
- Select the file to submit.
- Save the submission and wait while sending.
- Check the submitted file.
How do I find submitted assignments on Moodle?
On your course page, select the name of the assignment activity. The Assignment page will open and display the description of the assignment and a summary of submissions. Below the summary, select View/grade all submissions. The Grading page will open.
How do I use Moodle platform?
Step-by-step instructions to use Moodle
- Step 1 – learn about the Moodle experience.
- Step 2 – install Moodle.
- Step 3 – configure your site.
- Step 4 – create the framework for your learning site.
- Step 5 – make decisions about common settings.
- Step 6 – add basic course material.
- Step 7 – make your courses interactive.
- Step 8 – evaluate your students.
How can students upload files to Moodle?
Allowing students to upload and share files in Moodle
- Click the gear menu, and then click Turn editing on.
- Select the “Folder” option under Resources and click the [Add] button or just double-click the “Folder” option. Hover over a topic block then click Add an activity or resource.
- Enter a name.
- Click the [Save and display] button.
How does Moodle detect cheating?
The basic method essentially consists of the sharing of the Moodle access code amongst the various participants in the fraud, which allows them to “tell each other the answers” for the exam. This method consists of accessing one or more different accounts that do not belong to the actual student.
How do you upload a Ziple file to Moodle?
Upload a zip file
- Turn on editing mode in your Moodle course.
- Drag the zip file from your computer to the desired topic or week in Moodle.
- Moodle will ask if you want to extract the zip file into a folder. Confirm this choice.
- A new folder with your files will appear in the topic.
Where are Moodle plugins stored?
Common locations are: /path/to/moodle/theme/ – themes. /path/to/moodle/mod/ – activity modules and resources. /path/to/moodle/blocks/ – sidebar blocks.