Create a drop-down list
How can I create a drop-down list in Excel 2010?
Create a drop-down list
- In a new worksheet, type the entries you want to appear in your drop-down list.
- Select the cell in the worksheet where you want the drop-down list.
- Go to the Data tab on the Ribbon, then Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, click List.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel 2010 with multiple selections?
To create the drop-down list:
- Select the cell or cells you want the drop-down list to appear in.
- Click on the Data tab on Excel’s ribbon.
- Click on the Data Validation button in the Data Tools group.
- In the Data Validation dialog, in the Allow: list select List.
- Click in the Source: box.
How do I insert a list box in Excel 2010?
Add a list box or combo box to a worksheet in Excel
- Create a list of items that you want to displayed in your list box like in this picture.
- Click Developer > Insert.
- Under Form Controls, click List box (Form Control).
- Click the cell where you want to create the list box.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel manually?
2. Creating a drop down list in Excel by manually entering items
- Select the cell for your drop down list.
- Go to the Data tab then click on Data Validation to open the Data Validation dialogue box.
- In the Settings tab, select List under Allow.
- Click on the Source field.
- Click OK. (Image credit: Michelle Rae Uy)
Why can’t I find Data Validation in Excel?
Please go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon, change to all commands, find Data Validation button and add it to the ribbon. Or, if you haven’t made any customization on your ribbon, you could just check the reset button to reset your ribbon to the default settings, see if that helps.
How do I make a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the settings tab, select ‘List’ as Validation Criteria. In Source field, select the cells which have the items that you want in the drop down. Click OK.
How do I open drop down menu in Excel?
- Open an Excel workbook.
- Choose a cell to house your drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Data tab at the top of the screen. It’s nestled between Formulas and Review atop the Ribbon.
- Click the Data Validation button.
- Highlight the cells you want to include in the selection options of your drop-down menu, and click OK.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel without Data Validation?
You can’t create a drop down list in Excel without using the Data Validation feature. Think of Data Validation is a restriction or limitation that Excel applies to the cells you specify. You can choose the criteria, of course.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel without source?
#1 Using Data from Cells Here are the steps to create an Excel Drop Down List: Select a cell where you want to create the drop down list. Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the Settings tab, select List as the Validation criteria.
Where is Data Validation Excel 2010?
Select the cell or range. Choose Data » Data Tools » Data Validation. Excel displays its Data Validation dialog box having 3 tabs settings, Input Message and Error alert.
Why can’t I create a drop down list in Excel?
How do I add more drop down options in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do I open dropdown?
To open the dropdown menu, use a button or a link with a class of . dropdown-toggle and the data-toggle=”dropdown” attribute. The . caret class creates a caret arrow icon (), which indicates that the button is a dropdown.
How do I create a Data Validation list in Excel?
Add data validation to a cell or a range
- Select one or more cells to validate.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, select List.
- In the Source box, type your list values, separated by commas.
- Make sure that the In-cell dropdown check box is selected.
Why can’t I see drop down list in Excel?
Dropdown Option On the Ribbon, click the Data tab. Click the top of the Data Validation button, to open the dialog box. In the Data Validation window, go to the Settings tab. Add a check mark to the In-cell dropdown check box.
Why is drop down list not working in Excel?
Another reason why the Drop Down list may not appear if the workbook is corrupted. To rectify the problem select the file that you want to open and then choose the Open and Repair option by right-clicking on the Open option.