What bullets can you shoot out of a 270?
What grain bullet is best for 270?
between 130 and 150 grains
270 Winchester caliber was conceived to propel bullets ranging between 120 and 160 grains in weight, but the best performances are achieved with bullet weights ranging between 130 and 150 grains. .
What bullets can you shoot out of a 270?
Federal, Hornady, HSM, Nosler, Barnes, Remington, DoubleTap, and Winchester offer . 270 WSM ammunition. Unprimed cases are available from Hornady, Nosler, Federal, Remington, and Winchester. Depending on bullet weight, powders with burn rates ranging from H4831 to Retumbo are viable candidates.
How many yards is a 270 good for?
Federal’s 150-grain Trophy Copper . 308 Win. is travelling at 1,800 fps at 580 yards, but the 130-grain . 270 Win. is still cooking along at 1,800 fps all the way out to 680 yards. That additional 100 yards of effective range is why many long-range western hunters have opted for the .
What is the best 270 ammo for elk?
Best 270 Winchester ammo for Elk
- Nosler Trophy Grade Ammo 270 Winchester 130 Grain Partition Box of 20.
- Hornady 8052 Superformance 270 Win 130 Gr GMX 20 Round Box | Green Acres Sporting Goods.
- Federal P270P Premium 270 Win 130 Gr Nosler Partition (NP) 20 Round Box | Green Acres Sporting Goods.
Will a 270 with a 1/10 Twist shoot accurately?
You are going to need a sharper rifeling twist than 1in10. Some 270s won’t even shoot regular 150g boat tails with decent accuracy out of a one in 10 twist.
Is 270 enough for elk?
270, especially when mated with the tough, deep-penetrating, weight-retaining bullets we have today, is not a “big gun” on elk, but is adequate for any elk that walks, with careful shot placement.
Is a 270 A good all around rifle?
Both the . 270 and . 30-06 are great cartridges for hunting medium to large sized game all over the world ranging from roe deer to moose under the right circumstances. They also have great reputations for accuracy and performance at extended range.
What Animals Can you hunt with a 270?
270. It shoots flat out to 300 yards, which makes it a point and shoot rifle caliber for the vast majority of shots on big game. You can take the same . 270 you use for whitetails in Wisconsin for caribou bulls and big black bears in Alaska, or on combo western hunts for pronghorn antelope, mule deer, and elk.
Is 270 too light for elk?
Absolutely. The 270 is a great round that kills many animals every year.
What is the best 270 ammo for deer hunting?
Top 5 270 Ammo
- Remington Core-Lokt Ammunition 270 Winchester 130 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point Box of 20.
- Hornady Precision Hunter Ammunition 270 Winchester 145 Grain ELD-X Box of 20.
- Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 270 Winchester 130 Grain TTSX Polymer Tipped Spitzer Boat Tail Lead-Free Box of 20.
How much does a 270 drop at 400 yards?
270 Winchester ~ 140 Grain ~ Trajectory Chart
|Range (Yards)||Velocity (Ft/Sec)||Bullet Path (inches)|
How much does a 150 grain 270 bullet drop at 200 yards?
Create Your Free Custom Ballistic Report
Is a 270 good for moose hunting?
270 Winchester is an all-around workhorse. There is nothing flashy about it, but flash doesn’t kill big bulls. Known as an ideal cartridge for medium-sized game, the . 270 will still get the job done plenty well on a moose.
How far can a 270 rifle shoot accurately?
270 is the most accurate rifle I own. With a 130-grain Hornady Boat Tail Spire Point driven by 60 grains of H4831SC, that rifle, with no modifications, is capable of printing one-hole groups at 100 yards. Even so, the . 270 is a pure hunting round, designed to kill big-game animals at long ranges.
Is there a difference between 270 and 270 win?
270 WSM generates roughly 250 additional foot-pounds of energy over its competitor at the muzzle when both cartridges are fired from 24-inch barrels. At 500 yards the . 270 Win. lags behind the short mag by about 100 fps and the WSM carries about 150 ft.
Can a 270 take down a moose?
Moose are massive animals and some people caution against using smaller cartridges when hunting them. However, cartridges like the . 270 Winchester are certainly capable of cleanly taking even the biggest bull moose. You just have to have good shot placement and use high-quality bullets.
How much does a 270 bullet drop at 200 yards?