What are the sources of water soluble vitamin?
- Water soluble:
- B-1: ham, soymilk, watermelon, acorn squash.
- B-2: milk, yogurt, cheese, whole and enriched grains and cereals.
- B-3: meat, poultry, fish, fortified and whole grains, mushrooms, potatoes.
- B-5: chicken, whole grains, broccoli, avocados, mushrooms.
Why are water soluble vitamins called that?
Water-soluble vitamins are those that are dissolved in water and readily absorbed into tissues for immediate use. Because they are not stored in the body, they need to be replenished regularly in our diet.
What are the sources of vitamins?
Good sources include:
- citrus fruit – including oranges and grapefruit.
- red and green peppers.
- strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- green leafy vegetables – such as broccoli and brussels sprouts.
What are water sources?
Source water refers to bodies of water (such as rivers, streams, lakes, reservoirs, springs, and ground water) that provide water to public drinking-water supplies and private wells. Water sources can include: Surface water (for example, a lake, river, or reservoir) Ground water (for example, an aquifer)
How many water soluble vitamins are there?
nine water-soluble vitamins
There are a total of nine water-soluble vitamins: the B vitamins — folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 — and vitamin C.
What are the 5 sources of vitamin?
Five Sources of Vitamins Apart from Meat
- Vegetables. Dark leafy vegetables such as Spinach and Kale contain vitamins A, B, C and E.
- Fruits. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruit contain vitamin C or ascorbic acid.
- Whole grains.
Which minerals are water soluble?
- Biotin (vitamin B7)
- Folic acid (folate, vitamin B9)
- Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- Thiamin (vitamin B1)
- Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12.
What are the 10 names of water sources?
aquifers, condenses, evaporation, groundwater, hydrological, percolates, precipitation, run-off, transpiration. Water on the Earth’s surface moves in an unceasing cycle through rivers, oceans, clouds and rain called the water or ……………… cycle.
What are the 3 types of water sources?
Water resources come in many forms, but the three main categories are saltwater, groundwater and surface water.
What is the name of fat-soluble vitamins?
They are found in many plant and animal foods and in dietary supplements. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble.
Which vitamin is most water-soluble?
Water-soluble vitamins include the vitamin B-complex and vitamin C, and are essential nutrients needed daily by the body in very small quantities.
What is another word for water soluble?
In this page you can discover 22 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for water-soluble, like: mountants, solvent-free, surface-active, azo, soluble, water-insoluble, non-staining, emulsify, boric-acid, solubilise and anhydrous.
What are vitamins ADE and K?
Vitamins A, D, E, and K are called the fat-soluble vitamins, because they are soluble in organic solvents and are absorbed and transported in a manner similar to that of fats.
What are the water soluble vitamins and their functions?
|Biotin||Part of an enzyme needed for energy metabolism|
|Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)||Part of an enzyme needed for protein metabolism; helps make red blood cells|
|Folic acid||Part of an enzyme needed for making DNA and new cells, especially red blood cells|
What are the sources of vitamin K?
- Green leafy vegetables including collard and turnip greens, kale, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, lettuces.
- Soybean and canola oil.
- Salad dressings made with soybean or canola oil.
- Fortified meal replacement shakes.
What is water soluble?
Definition of water-soluble capable of dissolving in water.
What are water soluble vitamins PDF?
Eight of the water-soluble vitamins are known as the B-complex group: thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin and pantothenic acid. These vitamins are widely distributed in foods. (See Table 2.) Their influence is felt in many parts of the body.
What are the other sources of water?
Different Sources of Water
- Ocean Water. We know that oceans are a great source of water.
- Surface Water. Surface water is quite a broad term when we look at it.
- Ground Water. When we say groundwater, we mean the source of water which is found beneath the layer of soil.
- IceCaps and Glacial Melting.
- Solved Question for You.
Which vitamins are water soluble and fat-soluble?
Vitamins are classified as either fat soluble (vitamins A, D, E and K) or water soluble (vitamins B and C). This difference between the two groups is very important. It determines how each vitamin acts within the body. The fat soluble vitamins are soluble in lipids (fats).