What are some safety issues?
Common workplace health and safety hazards include: communicable disease, transportation accidents, workplace violence, slipping and falling, toxic events, particularly chemical and gas exposure, getting struck by objects, electrocution or explosion, repetitive motion and ergonomic injuries, and hearing loss.
What are everyday ethical decisions examples?
16 Real-Life Examples of Ethical Dilemmas
- Should parents monitor teens’ social media activities?
- Reporting an accident.
- Ghosting in the workplace.
- Medical care versus religious beliefs.
- Misinterpret data deliberately?
- Share my political leanings and risk losing clients?
- Internet dilemmas.
What are two of the top 10 safety concerns for hospitals?
Rounding out the list of patient safety concerns for 2020 are the following:
- Diagnostic errors.
- Maternal health.
- Early recognition of behavioral health needs.
- Responding to and learning from device problems.
- Device cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
- Standardizing safety across the healthcare system.
What are some of the ethical dilemmas that we face today as a society?
These issues include privacy and confidentiality, issues related to socially vulnerable populations, health insurance discrimination, employment discrimination, individual responsibility, issues related to race and ethnicity, and implementation.
What is the most common occupational and safety hazards?
- Common types of safety hazards in the workplace are: • Slips, trips and falls.
- Slips, Trips and Falls. • Bad housekeeping and poor drainage can make floors and other walking surfaces wet.
- Fire and Explosions.
- Transportation and Vehicle-Related Accidents.
- Confined Spaces.
What is the ethical dilemma you face?
Simply put, an ethical dilemma is a dilemma whose solution is not obvious or it has multiple solutions that can be considered right or ethical. For many of us, making an ethical decision comes down to listening to what your ‘gut’ – or internal compass — tells you is the right thing to do. But it’s more than that.
How can you prevent an unsafe working conditions?
Follow all specific safety rules. Report all unsafe acts or unsafe conditions to your supervisor. Encourage fellow employees to work safely. Check the condition of personal protective equipment and use the correct PPE for the specific hazard you are dealing with.
What are safety concerns?
A Safety Concern is defined as any condition, practice, or violation that causes a substantial probability of physical harm, property loss, and/or environmental impact such as: Anything you feel has the potential to cause harm to people, property, or the environment.
What is the most common unsafe act?
The Most Common Unsafe Acts in the workplace include:
- Improper Use of Personal Protective Equipment [PPE]
- Failure to Use PPE – Either Willingly or Through Lack of Proper Care.
- Use of Defective Equipment.
- Removal, or Failure to Use, of Safety Devices.
- Operation of Equipment at Unsafe Speeds.
What is ethical dilemma in workplace?
You may be faced with an ethical dilemma when something at work goes against your personal ethics, morals and values. Ethical dilemmas may force you to choose between being honest and dishonest, or between what you know is right and what you know is wrong.